Photobucket
My Shops
HomeTpTTNAbout Me
My Shops

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Fall Painting Crafts

I was so excited to stumble upon this post from Sugar Bee Crafts.  I was looking for a fun, fall craft to do that would use some colorful paint and the mason jars I had bought.  What better than to create a cute little mason jar luminary?
Adorable graphic from Sugar Bee Crafts

I will say, mine did not come out as cute as Sugar Bee Crafts.  I did not have time to find the perfect leaf decals so I said hmm... what could I use that would be convenient and not break the bank?  I headed over to Michael's Craft Store and got some leaf stickers - perfect!  I used the leftover stickers for my second grader's work (a win, win!)
 The supplies I needed:
1. acrylic paint
2. mason jars
3. paint brushes
4. water / plate to put paint on
5. leaf stickers (or decals) 
After they are dry and finished you will need:
6. small stones/rocks for inside the mason jar
7. tealight candle :)
  Recommendations:
1. Put on lots of paint coats, especially with lighter colors.
2. Let fully dry in between and try to be as smooth as possible with your brush strokes.  
3. After it is dry, pull off the stickers as gently as possible (The photo below shows them still drying)
4. Applying an acrylic sealer will help for the paint to stay and last a long time!

I also painted pumpkins with my sweet friend and her sweet mom.  It's so great living in the same house as one of your best friends - you get to do lots of crafts and fun things together!

We used acrylic paint on these ceramic pumpkins.  They were only $3 each at the Target Dollar Spot (gotta love it!) Below are the two pumpkins that I did.  One of them was for her new baby boy, Parker :) 

The bottom two pumpkins are her moms and Rachel's.  Can you tell Rachel is quite the artist?! xo

What fun crafts have you been doing this fall? 
Happy October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you so much for stopping by! :)